Monday, October 24, 2011

Lauren Rennells Vintage Hairstyling book

August 1st I got the most fabulous book in the mail. 

Earlier that week I was asked to do a fellow hairstylist hair for her wedding and I was having a bit of a problem with thinking of something to do with her short angled bob cut so I turned to the past for inspiration.

I searched forever for books and read so many reviews just to be disappointed overtime...UNTIL I stumbled across this bad boy.


For just $36 was sent to my door from Lauren Rennells website
http://www.hrstbooks.com/

Lauren Rennells shows you a step by step guide on how to create styles from the 1940's - 1960's but many can be tweaked  for a more modern look if vintage isn't your style.

Lauren Rennells starts off the book with the basics from how to brush out your curls for a softer look to how to curl your hair with various tools.
She then gives a VERY detailed step by step description and photos on how to style your hair in over 50 vintage inspired styles

The last 20 pages of this 200 page book is 
  •  how to tie a bandanna 
  • the perfect vintage nails, 
  • make up
  • making your own flowers for your hair





So pick this beauty up! You won't be disappointed! You too can have fun hair styles like this one  
hehehe



Stay tuned for the reason why I picked up the vintage styling book all for this pretty little bride's fall wedding 10-29-2011 ---------->





No comments:

Post a Comment